Lately, all I’ve seen and heard everywhere is about police
brutality, police departments becoming militarized, unarmed people (black and
white) being shot dead, and racism. So I’ve decided to know take this time to
give my opinion on all of this insane madness happening in our very own country.
Take some time to comment on some of the tasteless, uninformed, or plain
idiotic thoughts and ideologies I’ve had to listen to for months now. So first
I want to say my heart goes out to all the families who have lost someone
either cop or civilian. Today we just heard about two cops in New York who were
tragically gunned down in their own police car. Whenever someone loses their
life or a loved one it’s incredibly tragic and unfortunate. No matter who side
of this situation you’re on it is tragic, it’s called human decency and empathy.
Right now, we need that more than ever. I’d also like to take to say how much I
do respect and thank law enforcement and the insane shit they have to deal with
on the regular. I’d also like to show how much I respect PEACEFUL protesters.
We live in America where we can peaceful protest our thoughts across and good
job on exercising your freedom of speech peacefully. I’d like to first address
the extremely ignorant things I’ve literally had to listen to for weeks!
1.
I hate
cops! I’ve heard this way before all this madness started and still hear it
today. No you don’t dumbass if it wasn’t for the police every night would be
the movie The Purge. It totally annoys me when people say this. People say that
now but when scary shit is going down the first people they call are the
police. So let’s all just stop saying this. Instead, let’s say I hate bad cops.

2.
It’s only
black people who riot. This lovely quote came from an old white lady in my
religion class this semester. This comment goes to show you just how little
knowledge and racist this women is. White people riot too! One of the more
recent riots, was in a pumpkin festival in New Hampshire it ended in tear gas
and a car flipped over. Not to mention all the times sports teams have won or
lost. Seriously people!

3.
All cops are racist/bad. Another extremely dumb
statement I’ve also heard. Not all cops are racist/bad the majority are good
decent human beings just trying to do the right things in a crazy world.

4.
Well if
black guys stopped dressing like thugs police will stop treating them like thugs. It should not matter how someone dresses, who
they hang out with, or what they are doing. What should matter and (the only
thing that should matter) is if they are breaking the law! That’s it!

5.
Why don’t
we ever talk about black on black violence, instead we talk about police on
black violence? Excellent question why don’t we? Oh that’s right because we
never do hear about it when someone does. NAACP is constantly working with
black communities to reduce violence within violent and predominately black
communities. The better question is why we (as in a society as a whole) are not
talking about reducing violence everywhere. Secondly, there is a big difference
between police beating/killing someone and civilians beating the crap out of each
other/ killing one another. The difference being is cops are supposed to uphold
the law and not act like some punk one the street gunning down or beating the
crap out of someone who is unarmed/weaker than them. We pay police to protect
us not shoot us down. This kind of brutality luckily is being caught on tape
but still many times police are able to still get away with it.
No comments:
Post a Comment